Friday, August 12, 2011

Body as a site









I decided to narrow down my topic to I am statements. I started with "I am" on my hand then gradually wrote more and more to the I am statement. Speaking of statements..

Artist Statement

I am using body paint (face paint from Joann Fabrics) to write statements on my body. I am documenting my writing using photography and editing the photographs to add color or to change the colors. I want to create a sense of a message board or even graffiti on a wall. I started with the statement, "I am" and kept on adding to the statements or crossed them out to make a new statement. I want to display the labels that I give myself and give a message of change and growth. The purpose is to use my body as a living canvas to show the facets to my personality and the changes in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment